This weeks Freebie file is and Eggcellent Easter Subway Tile. There are two file option one that you can use the egg form from the Dollar Tree and one that is a square that you can use on anything! The choice is yours! We will also be using the parchment paper technique to layer the vinyl.
Also remember that I am still doing the give away of the keychains from last week and a super cute Welcome Peeps Sign!!! One or maybe two to my Facebook followers and one and maybe two to my IG followers. This drawing will happen on Friday!!!
Also, I case you missed this really cool news I will be taking part in participating in our first ever 123-SVG Alumni Showcase. What is this you asked??? This is the kick off for the next class of how to design your own SVG\cut files. Just like what you see me sharing every week!!! So during the showcase that will begin on March 23rd each day one designer from the previous courses will be featured. There will be free files, free tutorials, etc!! I am so excited! I will be featured on Thursday, March 25th. I have the cutest file and project for you. SIGN UP FOR THE WEEK OF FREE CRAFTING FUN HERE: https://mydesignsinthechaos.ck.page/e0aeaf3c19 and come and check out the blog on Thursday!!!
Cutting Machine and software
Easter Subway Tile File (click on the link)
Vinyl– I used Starcraft brand and I used white, black, orange, 2 colors green, purple, 2 colors of pink, teal, Yellow and blue
Weeding tool, scissors, cutting knife, and transfer tape
Egg Sign from the Dollar Tree
Ribbon, jute, beads, picks to finish the project
Paint – I used celery from Waverly, however, you can use any coordinating color of your choice
Sponge – I like to use the make up sponges from the Dollar tree.
The video shows you all steps i used to make my egg sign but let me touch on the steps here.
1. Lightly sand the back side of your egg sign. I then applied 2 coats of acrylic paint. You can use any light color. Acrylic or chalk, use what you have on hand!
2. While my paint is drying I cut all my vinyl. The file is grouped by color for you to make it easier to cut. I also added a cut box around the words to help with good clean cuts and to make it easier to weed.
3. Once every thing is cut you can then go through and weed your vinyl. When weeding i like to use a sharp point tweezers. Also, as I am pulling my vinyl off i like to keep it close to the project so it weeds easier.
4. Once everything is weeded I trim everything down to the size of the weeding box.
5. Now its time to layer our vinyl. I started out with the teal which is my egg decoration. I used my transfer tape and applied it to the vinyl to pick it up. Make sure you have extra transfer tape on onside to do a hinge with it.
6. Next, take your egg and put it down, then lay your parchment paper on top. Put your vinyl\transfer on top and slide it around until you have it placed where you want it. Take that extra transfer tape you have on the one side and attach it your work surface. This is your hinge. Pick up your transfer tape, pull out your parchment paper and lay down your vinyl. Use your squeegee and rub it on. Then pull off your transfer tape. Again, staying close to the egg.
7. Next i picked the blue which is the Happy Easter. It goes right below the decoration pieces. Repeat the same steps as about. Lay your transfer tape down on the vinyl (used the same transfer tape for the whole project). Remember to leave extra on the one side, pull the vinyl and transfer tape away from the backing. Lay your parchment paper down on the egg, put the Vinyl\tape down and move it around to get your position. Don’t be afraid to look at the PNG file to see your placement. Once you have your spot, hinge it down, pull out your parchment paper and lay your vinyl down.
8. Repeat for all other colors.
9. Then take your paint and sponge and dry sponge a little bit of paint around the edge of the egg to get it a little extra.
10. Decorate as you wish.
To get your FREE file please go to my Freebie Library, sign in (don’t worry if you are not a member yet, sign up and the password will be emailed to you!!!) and download Number 19 Easter Egg Subway Tile and/or 20 Easter Subway Tile. This download file will have multiple file options SVG, PNG, DXF (If you have the free version of Silhouette Studio you will need this file) and EPS.
Have and amazing day and enjoy these free files. Remember to check out the Alumni Showcase that will be happening this week and make sure you follow me for you chance to win! Remember a ? Pintrest pin would be so appreciated! I can’t wait to see what you create. Please share with me. You can come back here and add a comment or add one to Facebook too!
Also, please check out my shop. I am always adding new designs. You might also find ready made tumblers in there in the future!!!
If you have any questions or run into an issue please let me know!!!
Want to connect more with 12 Paw Designs???:
• Website: https://12pawdesigns.com
• FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/12pawdesigns/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/12pawdesigns/
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/12PawDesigns
DO NOT resell any of the files as digital download or any other form.
DO NOT claim the files as your own.
DO NOT modify and resell the files in any form.