With camping and backyard outings upon us lets make some fun lighted camping buckets!! I have 2 fun files for you. One for my camping friends and the other for my backyard friends. The We Sleep Around File has a WE and an I version so you could make a fun shirt or sign too!!! Don’t camp?? Don’t worry, I don’t either! I made a fun Welcome to Our Backyard sign\bucket for you too!!! This is a fun and fast project!!! Let grab our supplies and get going!
Also, until June 1st enjoy 25% off everything in the shop!!!
We Sleep Around – Welcome to our Back yard
Camping Bucket Supply list
- Cutting Machine and software
- We Sleep Around (number 34) (click on the link)
- Welcome to our Backyard (number 35) (click on the link)
- Vinyl colors of your choice
- 5 Gallon Bucket w/lid – I purchased mine from Wal-mart
- Lights pod and batteries – I purchased mine from Amazon
- Parchment Paper
- Weeding tools, scissors, cutting knife, transfer tape, etc
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton pads
Video Tutorial – Camping Buckets
Here are the steps I took to make the Camping Buckets
Step 1 – Lets prep our Buckets! Scrape the stickers off the lid and the bucket. I used a scrapper to get mine off. I found if i could lift a section and then get under I could lift the sticker off and remove. Use the acetone and cotton pad to remove any residual parts. Once that is done use the Alcohol and a pad to clean and prep your surface. Set aside to dry.
Step 1 – Now load your free file into your cutting software and cut it out in your vinyl of choice. For the camper I went vintage colors with turquoise and pink.
Step 3 – Now to weed our vinyl
- Start with weeding vinyl – I find a pin pen helps to remove the small pieces of vinyl from the center of the words. I also like to use weeding boxes too.
- Apply transfer tape for the camper I started with the outline first
- Peel off vinyl backing from the words
- Now use parchment paper and attach it to the back of the camper. Make sure you leave some transfer tape showing to attach it to the next layer. Now use parchment and camper to line it up on the stripe and words. Once you have it where you want. Push down the transfer tape and hinge method to pull the parchment out. Squeegee down your vinyl.
- Pull the vinyl backing from the offset
- Repeat to add the drapes
- Apply your design to your bucket. I use a taco method, where I curved it up and touched the middle of the design to the bucket. Squeegee image down.
- Remove transfer tape. Remember to keep the transfer tape close to your image.
Step 4 – Assemble and add your light. You could use double sided tape or hook and loop if you want your light to stay in one spot.
Step 5 – Play with the fun lights and enjoy!!!
To get your FREE file please go to my Freebie Library, sign in (don’t worry if you are not a member yet, sign up and the password will be emailed to you!!! Also, remember I include it in the bottom of the weekly email too! 😉 ) and download Number 34 – We Sleep Around and/or Welcome to our Backyard. The downloaded file will have multiple file options SVG, PNG, DXF (If you have the free version of Silhouette Studio you will need this file) and EPS.
I hope you enjoy the FREE tiered tray file. Thank you again for stopping by and being part of my dream and 12 Paw Designs! Have an absolutely amazing day!!!
Remember to PIN IT!!! ?
Also, please check out my shop. I am always adding new designs.
If you have any questions or run into an issue please let me know!!!
Want to connect more with 12 Paw Designs???:
• Website: https://12pawdesigns.com
• FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/12pawdesigns/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/12pawdesigns/
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/12PawDesigns
DO NOT resell any of the files as digital download or any other form.
DO NOT claim the files as your own.
DO NOT modify and resell the files in any form.