You loved the Patriotic tray and cut files so much I wanted to share how to create this beautiful Sweet Land of Liberty Round. I will show you the stain method that I used and I also share the FREE Sweet Land of Liberty Round Cut file with you! I love the antique look of the USA Round Flag.
Sweet Land of Liberty –
USA Round Flag Inspiration!
Supply List to Create the Beautiful Sweet Land of Liberty
These are the items that I used. However, have fun and use items you have!
- Cutting Machine and software
- Sweet Land of Liberty (number 33) (click on the link)
- Stencil Mask – I userd Starmask. You could use oramask also.
- Paint – Red, Blue and Brown
- Baby Wipes
- 18″ Wood Round
- Butane torch or kitchen torch
- Sand paper or sanding block, Scrapper, Parchment Paper
- Weeding tools, scissors, cutting knife, transfer tape, etc
Video Tutorial – USA Round Flag
How to cut larger than your mat on your cutting machine!
Silhouette – Cutting Larger than you mat
Cricut – Cutting larger than you mat
Here are the steps I took to make Sweet Land of Liberty Flag Round
Step 1 – Lets prep our round! Lightly sand the round with the sanding block. Once that is done let us burn it!!! Now, you can use a kitchen torch or a butane torch. You might be able to get away using a high temp heat gun. Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area. You will have smoke and smell. Then run your torch over the circle until you receive the effect you are looking for.
Step 2 – Now load your free file into your cutting software and cut out your stencil material. I have included videos for cutting large than you mat for both Cricut and Silhouette. You do not need to mirror. Also cut out your saying. I have included and offset for it. You can choose to used it or not. Have fun with it!
Step 3 – Weed your stencil mask. Remember this is a mask. So we weed out the parts we want to stain. Once you have your weeding done apply your transfer tape. User your squeegee to make sure you get air bubbles out. Now peel the backing away from the stencil and apply it to your wood round. I did the stripe portion first. Make sure you are follow the grain of the round. Once you have the stencil on peel away your transfer vinyl. Take your time removing it. User your fingers and really make sure your seams are pressed down.
Step 4 – Now lets try the baby wipe staining technique. Mine were a little on the dry side so I needed a little extra water. However, be careful with how much water you use. I had some go under mask. Also, make sure you stain with the grain of the wood. Once you have the desired color pull your stencil material off.
Step 5 – Repeat the same process for the stars. Remember the stars are being laid down on the round because we are staining blue. Use the stripes to line the star area up. To help keep your edges crisp dab around the stars and go from the center out. Once that area is done pull your mask off.
Step 6 – I decided to take some brown and lightly “stain” over it to give it an antique look. This is totally optional! This is your project!!
Step 7 – Let your round dry
Step 8 – Now to add our words:
- Start with weeding vinyl word and offset
- Apply transfer tape
- Peel off vinyl backing from the words
- Now use parchment paper and attach it to the back of the words. Make sure you leave some transfer tape showing to attach it to the offset. Now use this technique to line up your words to the offset. Once you have it where you want. Push down the transfer tape and hinge method to pull the parchment out. Squeegee down your words.
- Pull the vinyl backing from the offset
- Apply your design to your round
- Remove transfer tape
Step 9 –Apply your hanger and you are set to go!
How to get your FREE Sweet Land of Liberty Files
To get your FREE file please go to my Freebie Library, sign in (don’t worry if you are not a member yet, sign up and the password will be emailed to you!!! Also, remember I include it in the bottom of the weekly email too! 😉 ) and download Number 33 – Sweet Land of LIberty. The downloaded file will have multiple file options SVG, PNG, DXF (If you have the free version of Silhouette Studio you will need this file) and EPS.
I hope you enjoy the FREE tiered tray file. Thank you again for stopping by and being part of my dream and 12 Paw Designs! Have an absolutely amazing day!!!
Remember to PIN IT!!! ?
Also, please check out my shop. I am always adding new designs.
If you have any questions or run into an issue please let me know!!!
Want to connect more with 12 Paw Designs???:
• Website: https://12pawdesigns.com
• FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/12pawdesigns/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/12pawdesigns/
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/12PawDesigns
DO NOT resell any of the files as digital download or any other form.
DO NOT claim the files as your own.
DO NOT modify and resell the files in any form.